If you're an Hourglass body type, congratulations, you have a Marilyn Monroe body shape, a symbol of harmony and perfection. If you're not sure about what is your body type, please view a description of all body types.
Styling tips for Hourglass
First of all, do show off those killer curves and do not hide yourself behind baggy clothes. You curves are awesome and your body type is the sexiest as there can be! To enhance those killer curves, we advise that you dress proportionally both the top and bottom half of your body, while accentuating your waist.
If you're looking for a more curvaceous look, you can also "play" with proportion, and add a bit of volume to your upper and lower half. Please note that we mean proportionatelly, because your body already has the right proportions naturally, and you should always look for balance.
Wear tops that will accentuate your waist:
- Form-fitting and wrap-style tops;
- Belted tops;
- Tailored Jackets and shirts.
As an hourglass, you're lucky enough that you can wear most type of bottoms. Just as long as you pair it with a proper top:
- High-waisted pants and pencil skirts;
- Skinny jeans, boot cut and straight leg trousers;
- Flap pocket pants;
- Skirts that show off your shapely legs.
As for some tips and tricks for your body type, we can advise that a good bra, with good support and great fit is key to define your curves. Here are also a few Do's and Don'ts styling tips that can help you style your beautiful Hourglass Body type:
Hourglass body shape Do's:
- Elongate your torso with coats and jackets with a two button fastening just below the bust line;
- Take advantage of your awesome waist with form fitting clothes;
- Round and peep toe shoes can really echo your curves;
- You look awesome with a sexy pencil skirt;
- Choose wide open and V necklines because it will define your bust line.
Hourglass body type Don'ts:
- Don't wear tops and blouses that add volume where it is not needed, except when you balance that with a lower body volume, wearing it with a flowy trouser or skirt;
- Don't add unnecessary bulk with large chunky belts. Again, you don't need it!